Don't worry- simple holidays are fun too!!
“We must always change, renew, and rejuvenate ourselves: otherwise we harden.”
Today’s modern life is not as simple and easy as it used to be in earlier times. Every single day we are required to perform our duties and provide services with a certain level of enthusiasm and spirit to meet or exceed life’s challenges, which somewhere deep down affect us- affect our mental, emotional and physical well-being. Looking at the current scenario, technology has altered our life in both positive and negative ways. From one viewpoint, advancement in technology have made our lives quite less demanding and more fulfilling, but on the other hand, technology also creates a cycle of entangling our brains in a camouflaged bondage, which we really need to go away from, every now and then. The holiday season (yayaya J) is the perfect time to revitalize and electrify our lives by getting disconnected and targeting on other things err.. important things in our lives.
Holiday season brings a lot of excitement, regardless of age. You may choose to spend the holidays at a fascinating resort or cruise ship around the world. But I strongly feel that sometimes, a simpler option may be an approach to give yourself a break from the intricacies of life.
Below are some easy and simple yet awesome ways which I am planning to do (in fact have started already) in these summer holidays *smile smile* to find my peace and tranquility:
1. Plan a get-together with your near and dear ones:
Spending quality time with those we love and care about is an incredible way to enjoy your holiday season. Invite your cousins, friends and family to a simple lunch or coffee evening. Eating together with the loved ones will create emotional bonds and sustain happiness in your relationships.
“We believe the most cherished moments happen when friends and family get together."
2. Send simple thank you notes because you care:
Life achievements are only possible because of the support and guidance of our friends, family and people we work with. Since holiday time is the time when we are mentally free and relaxed, it is the best time to express gratitude by sending simple thank you notes to those we care. Trust me, it will have positive ripple effect on your relationships. I have tried, you may also give it a try. J. And yes, don’t forget- be thankful for the life you are living.
Cheers to your revitalization
I am sharing some more easy day to day activities which may keep you energized all during your vacations:
3. Cook your favorite meal: Cook it with all the love, your family will relish it for lifetime. Moreover, it will give you happiness also.
4. Exercise for 30 minutes every day: You can try yoga, dance, meditation, jogging, running, swimming or anything else to keep your body fit and active. As it is rightly said:
5. Read a book: Think about the last book you always wanted to read but never got that time. Read it now.
6. Unplug and just be: Disconnect yourself with the virtual world for a while and connect with the reality, the nature, the surroundings, and the people around you. No social connections at all. Feel the difference! It is pure bliss.
7. Revisit a place (or places) where you have made memories: Place where you have spent your childhood (may be your own school), where you spent your college years or where you have spent most of your unforgettable and mesmerizing moments of your life are must-visit-places. It is a good way to relive all those beautiful memories.
8. Don’t forget to do at least one noble cause, it goes a long way: The holiday time is the right and perfect time to re look at our priorities and choose at least one act of nobility regardless of how small or large it might seem. This may include- planting a tree or going to an old age home and spending some quality time with the people there, doing some charity or anything that you feel may bring a change.
Remember: “If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way.”
This is my plan for these vacations, what are your plans?
Do share your plans and ideas of peaceful and exciting vacations in the comments section below.
<iframe src='http://www.blogadda.com/rate.php?blgid=63767' width='170' height='75' frameborder='0' scrolling='no'></iframe>